Thursday 4 August 2011

Alphabet Challenge.....................O

Owl: Taken at Broome

Ocean: here at Coral Bay, WA

Organic Wicking Bed: where I grow some of my vegies

Orchids: this and all the following orchids were grown by me.






Old dolls: from my collection

Old house: this is a clay model of our old house, which used to be a church.  When the artist asked us if she could model it, of course we had to buy it from her.

Oatlands Mill: Tasmania

Odd one out

Oblong

Odd place for this sign

Octopus Mosaic: Boat Harbour, Tasmania

Orange house: at Somerset, Tasmania

Old fashioned rose

Over my head

Over the fence: this glorious tree is in my neighbours yard.

Orchard: Woodbridge, Tasmania

Oppositional

Orb: Made from sandstone one one of Hobart, Tasmania's old buildings.

Old Hag: This doll was at the markets.

Over the top: ceiling rose

Orange Rose: from the garden

Observation dish: from a piece of public art in Collins St, Hobart.

Out House

Octagenarian Garden Guru: Peter Cundall (83), Australia's garden guru is a neighbour of mine and can often be seen standing up for local environmental issues.

Officers: at a protest rally that I attended.

Off centre: very much so.

Oops: This is a mystery in our area, this boat is obviously grounded on the rocks and is quite close to the shore and the sailors just hopped off and walked to shore. However, no-one has come forward to claim it. The night it happened, the river was covered in thick, thick fog.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... you grow seriously gorgeous orchids Deb! Beautiful.
    Peter Cundall is our hero (the ABC show has not been the same since he left, we reckon) :D)
    Gorgeous Outhouse - I love that sort of whimsy.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great creative take on the letter O : ) Very clever. I like the owl and the orchids are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic journal you have. You never let me down Deb with your beautiful photos. Will you start all over again when you get to Z? I think you will have to. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing photos! The orchids are incredible and you have a photo of the man I'm secretly in love with. Peter Cundall would be the only man in his eighties to have this effect on me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan: I still get mt dose of Cundall every Saturday morning on the garden talkback on ABC radio.

    Chris: I think I might have themes that I will show off when I have finished the alphabet challenge. Who know I might resurrect it again in the future.

    Tammy: thanks for visiting and your compliments.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete