Saturday 13 August 2011

Alphabet Challenge................Q

Q
Queenstown: well the road into Queenstown, Tasmania, anyway. The hills have very little in the way of vegetation due to the copper smelting that occurred long ago. Even though it was environmentally unsound, there is a strange beauty in those orange treeless hills, especially around sunset.  My children were born in this strange little mining town, even though I have never lived here. 

Quince: of the flowering variety, or Japonica as its also called. One of my favourites as it appeals to my love of Japanese Art.

Question Mark: Maybe? or just a piece of public art at the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery in Launceston.

Queenstown Post Office: one of the lovely old buildings in the town.

Quoll, Spotted : this cute little guy was at a wildlife park. The ones that desimate my chooks are not so cute.

4 comments:

  1. You did well to find some Q's! The Quoll is 'q'uite cute... sorry to hear about your chooks though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I think you have done amazingly well with Q!! Love the smell of quince cooking, so rose like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Deb, thank you for visiting my blog, and for having it on your blogroll! I love your letter Q, in particular that gorgeous little quoll at the end. Do they eat your chickens??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ali: The quolls don't eat the chickens, just kill them and leave them there with their throats chewed out. It's extremely brutal. I have since made sure my chicken house is quoll proof.

    Thanks for dropping by everyone.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete