Friday 12 August 2011

A Taste of Spring to Come.....this is on my mind.

 Joing in with Rhonda's "This is on my mind, Friday" @ http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com

All the signs are here... I'm getting excited.... Spring is just around the corner.
On the way out the backdoor I spotted this lovely Camelia and picked it and took it to school so I could invite my Prep class to paint it. Here are the results. Pretty gorgeous, I think!

Meyer Lemon with a Hardenbergia growing through it.

When my daughter, Renee, was little, she used to call daffodils, fildilliums. I stil always think of them as those.

A very ruffled camelia.

Very early tulips.


Almond blossom: from my sacrificial tree. I have a deal with the possums and cockatoos. They can have as many almonds as they wish as long as they leave everything else in my garden alone. Sometimes it's successfull!
Broad beans are thriving and beginning to set pods after the frosts, shocking them into it. 


6 comments:

  1. Your prep students did a fabulous job! They have a beaut teacher - their eyes are being opened in a beautiful way.
    Yay, bring on Spring :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan, They open my eyes well.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb. I reckon you are a good three-four weeks ahead of us. Bring it on I say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, your students have done a mighty fine job of the Camelia. I've just planted broadbeans, I'm a bit slow. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb, first visit here and I LOVE your photographs. I enjoyed reading the 50 things about you and I'll be back for a good little read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shots! If I were talking about it nearly being spring I'd only have pictures of snow to post. It's funny what different worlds we can live in.

    ReplyDelete